Mid-Term Preparation Courses
Coláiste Naomh Eoin offers a wide range of specially designed Irish courses that run throughout the year On-Campus & Online. Our courses are specially designed for Secondary School Students.
We provide a comprehensive program that enables all students to achieve their maximum potential in speaking, writing and understanding the language irrespective of their current knowledge. Coláiste Naomh Eoin aims to inspire a love of the Irish language & culture by make learning Irish fun.
On-Campus & Online Revision Courses
Our On-Campus & Online Intensive Revision Courses has been specially designed for students that face the challenge of Irish Junior & Leaving Cert Exam in June 2022.
We also provide a course for 1st & 2nd Year Students that will be facing the Irish State Exams in the coming years.
The course ensures that all our students gain the required confidence needed for the Oral, Aural & Written sections of the Irish State Exam. All our teachers have a proven track record of maximising exam results. Our teachers include members of the Irish State Examinations Board along with Irish Educational Authors.
All aspects of the Irish Junior & Leaving Certificate Course will be covered in great detail over the two-day period.
The Department of Education has increased considerably the marks being awarded to the Irish Oral Examination to 40%. This course places a strong emphasis on maximum the student’s potential in this section. We ensure our students gain the required confidence in their Oral, Aural and Communicational skills.
Ábhar an Chúrsa/Course Content
- Basic Rules and Grammar
- Answer Techniques
- Written Exercises, Letters and Essays with emphasis on accuracy
- Prose and Comprehension as prescribed for Junior and Leaving Certificate Courses
- Language Development Skills with Conversation, Debate, Reporting and Problem Solving
- Aural and Answering Training
- Oral Development and Conversational Skills
- Examination Technique and Training
Buntáistí An Chúrsa/Benefits of the Course
- Specially prepared notes and handouts are provided. These will prove to be essential for the exam in June
- Students will be advised on how to improve performance and get better marks
- We provide an inclusive, enjoyable and effective learning environment
- Students acquire a good positive attitude to learning and a liking for the language
- Special help will be available for students with particular difficulties
Small class sizes
- Students can freely talk to their teachers and seek help with problems
- Teachers are individually hand picked include members of the Irish State Examinations Board along with Irish Educational Authors
On-Campus Course: €180
Online Course: €160
Please Note: Places are limited due to the increase in demand & small class sizes.
We require the full course fee of €180/€160 to be paid upon booking.
There is a 10% reduction for the second and subsequent students attending from the same family.
On receipt of the application and deposit an official acknowledgment will be issued along with an information pack.
At least four weeks notice in writing of cancellation must be given before refund will be made.