For constructive, creative and quality learning to take place on our courses The Board of Management of Coláiste Naomh Eoin has outlined certain guidelines and standards in detail. The Course Rules & Regulations aim is to ensure that all students benefit as much as possible from the course.
Coláiste Naomh Eoin ethos is to inspire a love of the Irish language & culture in our students by making learning Irish fun. To help achieve this, the students must adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
1. Riail na Gaeilge:
Students are encouraged to participate in all activates of the course and are positively encouraged to speak Irish at all times. Therefore we insist that all students make an honest effort at all times to converse in Irish. Students who do not co-operate in this regard will be sent home without refund of fee. It is imperative for the success of the Coláiste and its course that this environment be maintained. This must be clearly understood by parents, students and all staff members.
(a) Any student found speaking in English will be cautioned and incident noted.
(b) A second incident will lead to a final caution and parents/guardians will be notified of the transgression.
(c) A third incident will result in dismissal.
‘Speaking in English’ entails using English sentences to express oneself while making no effort to express it in Irish.
This rule is enforced in an enlightened, constructive and fair way with emphasis on reward and incentive for effort.
2. The Coláiste authorities will punish misbehaviour, verbal, cyber or physical intimidation or otherwise accordingly. Student’s who cause serious disruption, or who refuse to accept discipline will be sent home without refund of fee.
3. Smoking and the consumption or possession of alcoholic drink is strictly forbidden on the course. Students refusing to co-operate with this will be sent home without refund of fee.
4. Students found in possession or consumption of a controlled substance will be handed over to An Garda Síochána immediately and sent home from the course without refund of fee.
5. Students may not leave the Coláiste during the course without permission of the Coláiste authorities and written permission of the parent/guardian. Students who leave the premises without permission will be immediately expelled from the course without refund of fee.
6. Company keeping – of an exclusive nature is not allowed and decorum is expected in behaviour and dress. Students refusing to co-operate with this will be sent home without refund of fee.
7. Pupils are required to be punctual in relation to all aspects of the Coláiste timetable.
8. The use of mobile phones is not permitted on the course.
9. The Coláiste does not accept responsibility for student property lost, stolen or damaged during the course. Students should leave valuable items at home and should not bring large amounts of money or expensive items with them to camp.
10. Parents/Guardians will meet the cost of any breakages or damages caused by students while on the course.
11. Insurance – Public liability insurance is in place and all activities are fully insured by our activity providers. Theft, loss or damage to personal items is not covered by any insurance policy.
12. This policy will be reviewed by the Board of Management on an annually basis.